Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Secret Identities Revealed to the Public TODAY!


Secret Identities: The Asian-American Superhero Anthology is out in stores today!
If you can't find it in your local comics store, request it!  Apparently, it's been hard to find in some areas, so if you find it in a store, please let me know so I can post those locations here.
Above is a drawing I did featuring characters from the 8 page story I did for the anthology called DRIVING STEEL. Written by Jeff Yang, it's kind of a supernatural western taking place during the building of the transcontinental railroad. Apparently, pages from the anthology will be auctioned off for charity at some point .  As my pages were done digitally, there were no "originals" to speak of, so I did this original pin-up separately for the auction.  I did this with real pen/brush and ink on standard comic paper.  It's the first time in a while that I've done something non-digitally and at that size ( if I do any real pencilling these days, it has to fit in my 8.5"x 12" scanner ). Boy it was hard going back to analog... I kept wanting to "undo"!  I added color in Photoshop for the blog, but the black and white original can be yours at a future date. Stay tuned for details!

6 Comments:

At Thursday, April 16, 2009 at 10:34:00 AM PDT, Blogger James Baker said...

I'm looking forward to seeing this, Benton.

 
At Thursday, April 16, 2009 at 12:51:00 PM PDT, Blogger Anson Jew said...

I'll have to make it out to the funny book store this weekend!

 
At Thursday, April 16, 2009 at 4:33:00 PM PDT, Blogger benton jew said...

Jamie-Thanks, Jamie. I'm looking forward to seeing it myself as I haven't gotten my contributor copy yet. If you see a copy in a store up in the bay area, let me know so I can list the stores that carry it.

Anson-If it's hard to find it in the comic stores down here, you might try some of the regular bookstores like Skylight. Let me know if you find it.

 
At Saturday, April 18, 2009 at 2:41:00 AM PDT, Blogger BROCASSO said...

This is tight!
I'm buying this tomorrow.

Great image Benton,I love the color.

 
At Monday, April 20, 2009 at 11:23:00 AM PDT, Blogger Dominic Bugatto said...

Looks solid , nicely done.

 
At Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 10:11:00 PM PDT, Blogger benton jew said...

Brocasso-Thanks! Glad you like the color. I consider myself a terrible colorist, so I'm glad to hear someone likes it.

Dominic-Thanks for dropping in!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home