Saturday, October 14, 2006
- Name: benton jew
- Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Professional illustrator/storyboard artist/comic artist living in Los Angeles, CA. Always had an interest in drawing and film since childhood. Drew my own comics and made little animated super-8 films with my twin brother growing up in Sacramento, CA. Went to The Academy of Art/USF in San Francisco. Started working at George Lucas' visual effects company Industrial Light & Magic around 1988, right out of school. Stayed there for 13 years, doing art for feature films and commercials including Ghostbusters 2, The Mask, The Phantom Menace, Men In Black, The Mummy. Left the Bay area for greener pastures and headed for Los Angeles on that fateful day of 9-11, dragging my girlfriend with me. After becoming a freelancer, I worked on Terminator 3, Day After Tomorrow, Chronicles of Riddick, Bolden, Rush Hour 3, The Incredible Hulk. Side projects: Put together a self-published comics anthology in 2004 called "Babes In Space" Did an award winning short horror film called "The Collector" in 2000, that played at several film festivals.
- My new 24 hour comic this weekend
- 24 Hour Comics Day Is This Saturday
- The Forgotten and the Foreign #1: Alberto Breccia
- Some Marvel Love For Ya....
- Open Season
- Look Out! It's Raining Giant Tires!
- Some samples of my comics work
- Alex Toth tribute at comic-con
- Jordi Bernet At Super-Con